Recommended Prep Courses
Prep courses are optional, but we recommend taking them first or have the equivalent knowledge before enrolling in this course
Retail Budgeting & Planning Course Overview
In this course students are going to go through the step-by-step process of creating a final P&L budget for a retail business. Starting with creating a multi-store sales & margin budget, then a cost budget and finally a P&L budget.
The budget takes into consideration seasonality, as well as all the factors that affect retail budgeting, in order to create a realistic forecast to build the budget on.
It also goes through the process of budgeting for a new retail store that doesn’t have historical sales data to build on, and at the end shows how to create a 3 years financial projection (P&L) for a retail business.
At the end of the course, a practice exercise is given for creating a budget from simulated store data.
Retail Budgeting & Planning Course Objectives
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand key external & internal factors affecting the retail budgeting outcome
- Learn how to create a full year sales forecast for a multi-store retail business
- Learn the different process between forecasting sales for a new store vs. existing stores
- Learn how to build a cost budget for a retail business
- Learn how to account for seasonality while building monthly targets
- Build a full P&L budget for a retail business
- Create a 3 years financial projection
Upon completing the course and passing the final assessment, students get a course completion certificate.
- Multi-Store P&L Template
- Marketing Calendar
- Store Data for Practice