This course is free and open for anyone to view without registration.
If you’d like to receive a certificate of completion, you’ll need to be logged in before taking the course. You can create a free account from here.
Retail Management Course Overview
In this short introductory course on retail management, students get introduced to the retail industry and how it works.
This includes covering the following topics:
- The main retail business model
- The key functions in a retail business
- Key success factors (The Success Triangle)
- Key retail performance indicators
The course explains the main business model of retail, through a hypothetical retail business
It then goes over key success factors (The Success Triangle) that retail businesses need to have, in order to survive and grow. And, finally, the course shows the most common careers in retail, in operational and commercial roles.
Introduction to Retail Management Course Objectives:
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the main business model of retailing
- Know the key success factors
- Understand the key functions in retail and their key responsibilities
- Learn about the different career tracks in retail
Upon completing the course and passing the final assessment, students get a course completion certificate.
- Retail Business Model Canvas Template
- Retail Math Formulas Cheat Sheet
- Course Notes